03 Sep Top Brain Exercises to Improve Your Concentration & Focus
Whether you are actively memorizing, reviewing or working on improving your pronunciation, I pray that your Quran journey is progressing with ease and joy.
Memorizing Quran itself requires initial learning, retention, and recollection – amongst other processes. One of the main concerns for parents and students themselves, is what they can do to improve concentration and focus.
Here’s how I’d approach this concern…
When you want to strengthen your muscles, you lift weights. If you want to improve the concentration and focus of your mind, then you need to work out and exercise your brain. The correct brain exercises will improve the way your brain works and develop better focus and concentration.
As we age, we may lose the ability to concentrate, but brain exercises can improve concentration even in older people. Brain exercises are excellent tools for people of any age who would like to strengthen their mind!
Here are some great brain exercises that can help you build your brain:
- Do some crossword puzzles. Not only are crossword puzzles a lot of fun, but they can help improve your concentration. Relying on your long-term memory and trying to solve tough questions help stimulate the brain. Taking only 10 minutes daily to work on crossword puzzles can benefit you. To keep a fresh supply of puzzles handy, you can buy a crossword puzzle book, check your daily newspaper, or look online to find them for free.
- Changing your daily routine challenges your brain to do something that’s outside your comfort zone. This can strengthen your problem-solving abilities. Consider changing things by taking a different route to work one morning and then finding another on your way home. Try Sudoku puzzles. These are number placement puzzles based on logic. You complete a 9×9 grid so that each row and each column only has numbers that range from 1-9. Within the grid, in each 3×3 block, a number can only be used once. Most definitely challenging!
- Eat foods that help your brain. Your brain will stay healthy and function at its best if nourished with nutritious foods. Eat foods that include omega-3s, as they are healthy food for the brain.
- Start a new hobby. Trying a new hobby is another way to expand your interests and use your brain to learn something new. Being busy and learning new things expand the way the brain thinks and gets you out of a rut.
- Challenging yourself and improving brain function is something that any person can do. Young and old alike can enjoy and benefit from these great techniques. Get your whole family in on the fun!
- Make just one change today to stimulate your brain. You won’t notice any drastic changes overnight, but with time and practice, eventually you’ll find that you can finish puzzles quicker, solve problems more easily, and enjoy improved concentration and focus.
Which of these tools or exercises have worked for you or, which one are you going to try?
Please share this article with other hifdh students too.
May Allah SWT place blessings in your recitation & memorization – ameen.
PS: Check out y primary website for all things healing & helpful: The Art of Resonance