11 Sep Post-Ramadan: Moving Ahead, Stepping Foward
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Assalaamu ‘alaykum wa Rahmatullah
AlHumdulillah, I pray that your Ramadan was filled with precious moments in the company of alQur’aan & served as motivation for your ongoing Hifdh journey. This ongoing journey of learning & improvement is applicable to all of us: those in the process of memorising, those reviewing completed memorisation, and even those teaching hifdh. Truly, it is the Qur’aan and journey of hifdh which humbles, inspires reflection & nurtures gratitude within us. For, no matter how far along we are in this journey, there is always space & place for growth and betterment: improvement made solely for the Pleasure of Allah SWT is one which allows us to relish the sweetness of Faith.
Moving ahead, and into the months leading up to the next Ramadan (inshaAllah), it’s imperative that we consider:
- what were my (hifdh) strengths during Ramadan & how can I ensure that I maintain this positive development?
- what were my (hifdh) weaknesses during Ramadan & what can I do to ensure that this does not recur? (also consider the causes)
- what would I hope to do differently next Ramadan?
- did I meet my Ramadan hifdh goals – why or , why not?
- did my hifdh experience this Ramadan improve my connection to alQur’aan? and in which way?
These are some of the questions I’d suggest we ask ourselves in order to prepare for the months ahead. Making a mental checklist or even better, diarising your answers, will assist you in developing and defining your hifdh goals, both short and long term.
It’s wonderful to be back blogging, and I’m optimistic that the coming months will present great opportunities for us to learn more about the incredible gifts & blessings that lie in Tahfeedhul Qur’aan, together.