04 Sep Qur’aan Flash
Beautiful online Qur’aan with flip pages like a normal book would have, just click on bottom edges and drag to turn the page, under more options button, you can even choose to read Qur’aan with tajweed or tafseer, select book type and drag over the book type you want, then just click on book full size button again to read, pure Arabic, with transliteration or translation…:
“Quranflash” had started in February 2007 as a simple microsite displaying the Holy Qur’aan (Medina layout), in a very interactive way. The project had taken approximately 2 months of work to be accomplished by a few volunteers.
Among the main features that have been added to the website are the following:
- Increasing the page sizes to make reading easier
- Rescanning pages of the Qur’aan more precisely to include side information such as page and chapter numbering, as well as chapter names
- Ability to magnify an area of the page using the magnifying glass
- Ability to bookmark up to 8 pages from each book
- Option to select between different books (such as Qur’aan with tajweed, interpretations, etc)
- Ability to control the pages’ quality and hence downloading speed
- Ability to change the background image to suit the reader
- Ability to jump to the supplication page of the Qur’aan
- Ability to close each book
- Ability to navigate the Qur’aan using the directional buttons of the keyboard
There are two main goals of this website:
1) To demonstrate the importance of life sciences and technology in the life of Muslims and that it may equalize religious sciences in importance if the intention is purified. This website is an invitation to read and learn life sciences that have a positive contribution (directly or indirectly) in the community then applying this knowledge whenever necessary.
2) To show the importance of beauty in displaying information, and its positive impact in attracting viewers and opening their hearts, just like the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said “God is beautiful and loves beauty”. Of course this is equivalent to paying attention to the external appearance of a Muslim since it gives a positive impact on others.
[Information from the above-mentioned website]